Savvy Isn't Just About Us.
We believe in taking care of one another. When it comes to health, it takes a village. Or a sisterhood. One of Savvy’s missions is to share what we know and what we’ve learned.
With our members and others, we'd like to:
reach out to those who may not have access to this information or these resources.
use our growing strength to contribute to closing the gap for those who may not have accessibility to tools to learn about safer and healthier living
reach out to those who are disproportionately affected by toxic chemicals, through targeted marketing, regionally, workplaces or financial resources
Each year, Savvy will hold an annual Charitable Mission campaign.
Focused at both a national and local level, each campaign will highlight an activity we can participate in to share four knowledge with others, encourage and support families who are underrepresented to learn, grow, and change with us.
We are starting a list of ideas. What do you think?
- Holding a nontoxic food/product drive for local and community food banks
- Hosting a make-and-take nontoxic cleaners class at your local church, family shelter, or woman’s group
- Partnering with a mentoring group to provide education and nontoxic makeovers to teen girls
- Collecting funds from the local chapters and gifting a full share (or two!) of organic veggies to a local food bank or area shelters
- Working with local and town agencies to add bus routes that stop at farmer's markets during the growing season
- Working with local farmers and farm stand participants to accept WIC, SNAP, and other food subsidy programs
- Your idea? Where do you see a need in your community?
Everyone has the right to learn.
In addition to our outreach efforts, we’ll supply educational and enrichment materials as we are able, to members and non-members alike as a way to continuously reach into the sisterhood of women.
Savvy Memberships will also be shared complementarily if it is a financial hardship to join.
Our Charitable Mission program will roll out in Fall of 2018.
There is much to be done ahead of that time. If you would like to be involved in this program, or have other great ideas on how we might reach out and assist others, please drop us a heartfelt message here.